Housing

Richard, When I toured I don't remember seeing a 2 bedroom unit. I remember the University Inn which is a one bedroom--it's like living in a hotel. Then there were 3 BR units that I didn't see but hear they are fairly nice. Each BR has it's own bath and I believe there are laundry facilities. There is also a living area which is not the case in the University Inn. When you had your interview they gave you a packet and it had housing info in there I believe. There are also apts for rent in the community also. They students I talked to said living in the graduate apts is where the majority of the PA students and med students live. There are study rooms and workout facilities. Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

The majority of the 2012 PA students that are in the University Inn are sharing the 3 bedroom apartments. The DOs are in the 1 bedroom ones. Unless they have the 1 bedroom available, the PAs have to share the 3 bedroom and I don't think couples are allowed in the 3-bedroom ones. I am married so I have rented an apartment 3 miles from school.

The majority of the 2012 PA students that are in the University Inn are sharing the 3 bedroom apartments. The DOs are in the 1 bedroom ones. Unless they have the 1 bedroom available, the PAs have to share the 3 bedroom and I don't think couples are allowed in the 3-bedroom ones. I am married so I have rented an apartment 3 miles from school.

Thanks for the info! I enjoyed reading your blog! I've been accepted to LMU and love reading about specific experiences that students are having there!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Check out ballrealty.com.  They rent houses and apartments to students.  There are two streets not far from campus that they have rows of houses and several apartment buildings that are all LMU students I believe.

Thanks huntstyle. I called and talked to them a couple of days ago.  Any other students to be have any suggestions or checked into housing yet? Need pet friendly.

I'm starting the PA program in May Class of 2016.  I tried Ball Realty, but the closest they currently have available is in Tazwell 12 miles away from the school.  I need something closer.  Any one looking for a roommate or know of a closer place or anyone that will be ending their lease in May / looking for someone to take over lease, etc...?  I am married, but will be moving w/out my husband so I want somewhere "visitor" friendly for a long weekend (2-3 nights).

I'm a nice and studious person (as I'm sure we all are!)

• 1 year later...

Hey all! Looking forward to joining the ranks as a student this upcoming May! Just had a quick question for those of you there; my fiance looks to start working in Knoxville when we move down and I am more than fine with a commute but I was curious if any of you knew of nice areas to look for rentals/apartments anywhere in between Harrogate and Knoxville? Thank you for any and all help!

Archived