Emergency Medicine Boot Camp

I had planned to go but the reviews made it sound like it was geared towards new E-med PAs, or towards primary care providers who want to brush up on EM.

Would it be too basic for a pA who has been working in main and fast track urban ED for 4 years?

Interested in the answer to that since people do give it rave reviews.

It is primarily geared towards NPs/PAs and moreso to those starting out/breaking into the specialty or wanting a "broad overview" type course.  This isn't a deep dive or a "what's on the cutting edge of the literature" conference - it doesn't position itself to be.  But with that said, I still think most anyone in EM would find it worthwhile.  When the instructors are folks like Bukata, Henry, Mallon & Birnbaumer you're going to get your fair share of clinical pearls thrown in there to make it worthwhile! 

For what it's worth - this isn't prime time yet, but when I attended last year Birnbaumer mentioned that they were working on an "Advanced Boot Camp" type course for those who had attended the first course or might be looking for something more developed.  Word has it that's still in progress, possibly coming together for next year?  I imagine they will announce it via the ccme.org site when it's ready to go live. 

Archived