I need advice!

Hello everyone I need some advice from you wise people. I'm currently in an LVN program in Texas, I have all my pre requisites complete for an ADN program but didn't get accepted this year thus the LVN route. Anyway I've been feeling like being a nurse isn't going to be all that great I've been a CNA\CMA for 5+ years now and don't get me wrong I like it, I just feel like my personality will be better matched if I'm something more than a nurse. I've thought about NP but with the recent DNP change, I just don't see the point and to be honest I like the idea of viewing patients through a medical standpoint instead of a nursing. My confusion comes from: I want to go to Wichita StateUniversity their program requires a ba. Should I bother with the hell of getting a BSN or just get a ba in science? What keeps me thinking I should get a BSN is, as most may know LVN\PN no longer work in bigger hospitals and I feel that if don't get a BSN I could be missing out on some good experiences and money. Alos the nursing schools whete I'm from ate pretty competative and what if I dont get in I'd be waisting time.... and also what if i dont get into pa school the first time also more money lost if I difnt have a BSN to back me up.

Any ideas?????

Dear Ivilla, I am in no position to give you advise, however, I'll give you advise as a friend. Although education is expensive, it's no way a waste of time. You need to think about what you really want to do and what makes you the happiest. From experience, don't do something because you think you'll make good money and that will bring happiness. I make 6 figures now, with a Business Finance major and I've decided to go back to school for Pre-PA as I'm not happy. I didn't do it before because I was making good money, and I didn't want to spend more money on going back to school. Furthermore, it took me 10 years to get a BA and it was one of the best things I have ever done. I never wanted to be shutdown due to something that I have control over, which is my education. Although there is a price tag behind receiving an education, it's priceless to what we personally and professionally get out of it. At least that's how the world works.

I know I might not get into a PA program the first time, but I also know, that I will always regret if I don't try. If you truly believe in yourself and work hard, you'll get there.

Take care and goodnight!

Archived