ER contact question

Hello!

I got an offer from an ER at a local hospital and was given the contract. Everything looks pretty good to me for a few things. ($45/hr, productivity, 13.25% pension, full medical/vision/dental, $5,000 cme) I'm supposed to get paid $45/hr as compensation, however, in the contract, it states

salary: $2,000 for the first month

"nondiscretionary bonus": "for each clinical hour > a monthly total of 44 clinical hours worked, employee shall be paid a bonus of 45.00 per hour.

^ any particular reason why they wrote my salary like that instead of just $45/hr?

Also, I don't get paid vacations or paid time off for CME's. I know not having paid vacations is typical of ER but what about unpaid days for CME's? I asked my professor this in a e-mail, and he said that I should request PAID time off during CME's because " You need to be award that if there is a dispute between you and the employer then you agree to go to arbitration you can’t take them to court for the dispute. " Any idea what he means?

It also notes I get 7 days off per 6 months as needed, so 2 weeks per year.

44 hrs x 45 dollars is right at $2000. I don't understand how your productivity bonus is paid but bet the 2000 a month is based on 44 x 45. I would guess your bonus doesn't start until after that. But. I really don't know.

As for cme. Rarely does an ER give time off for cme or vacation. They gave $5000. Wow. That's more than double what most people get.

My advice. Talk to pas that work there and ask them what their average hourly salary comes out to be.

Yeah, the benefits are amazing with this company but the pay is average. I'm a new grad and will be making as much as another ER PA with years of experience, which I'm fine with, for now.

44 hrs x 45 dollars is right at $2000. I don't understand how your productivity bonus is paid but bet the 2000 a month is based on 44 x 45. I would guess your bonus doesn't start until after that. But. I really don't know.

As for cme. Rarely does an ER give time off for cme or vacation. They gave $5000. Wow. That's more than double what most people get.

My advice. Talk to pas that work there and ask them what their average hourly salary comes out to be.

Archived