SIU 2014 Application Cycle

Hello,

Congratulations on your interview! I also have an interview with SIU, but I will be there September 23rd. I read on a previous post there are 3 one-on-one interviews that are approximately 20 minutes each - but I am not sure if they still have the same format. Have you received any of the information for your interview day in the mail?

Good luck!!!

I interviewed in early August at Carbondale. The day was really relaxing and really laid back. They are just trying to get to know you. Make sure you know why SIU. Know about the curriculum and what makes them special and different from a lot of traditional PA Programs. You'll get to experience a PBL session as well so you can see if you truly like it.

I was notified about a week after my interview that I was accepted to the program. They said they like to make the decision ASAP which they did.

I also live in Carbondale and did my undergraduate at SIUC so if anyone has any questions about the school, interview, town, or anything, feel free to contact me.

There are 3 individual interview scheduled to last 20 minutes. But mine all went a little longer. There is a campus tour, informational session, financial aid session, and you get to sit in on a PBL session. I don't believe they send you an itenary in the mail. I think all they send you are a cover letter, campus maps, and parking pass.

Hello,

Congratulations on your interview! I also have an interview with SIU, but I will be there September 23rd. I read on a previous post there are 3 one-on-one interviews that are approximately 20 minutes each - but I am not sure if they still have the same format. Have you received any of the information for your interview day in the mail?

Good luck!!!

There are 3 individual interview scheduled to last 20 minutes. But mine all went a little longer. There is a campus tour, informational session, financial aid session, and you get to sit in on a PBL session. I don't believe they send you an itenary in the mail. I think all they send you are a cover letter, campus maps, and parking pass.

Thank you for the information and congratulations on your acceptance!

• 2 weeks later...

To anyone that has already interviewed...I have an interview on Oct 14th and I just realized that the dress code is business casual. I bought a pant suit already but can anyone give me information on what most girls wore to the interview? I don't want to be too overdressed if I wear a jacket. Any input appreciated! 

To anyone that has already interviewed...I have an interview on Oct 14th and I just realized that the dress code is business casual. I bought a pant suit already but can anyone give me information on what most girls wore to the interview? I don't want to be too overdressed if I wear a jacket. Any input appreciated! 

I wore a pant suit for the interview and some of the other women wore dress pants with a nice shirt/sweater - you will not be overdressed with a pant suit. I also wanted to tell you to try to make it to the dinner with the first year students the night before the interview - it was great. They answered a lot of my questions and had great input about the program. The interview process is very relaxing and everyone makes you feel very welcome. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed on Oct 14th and was just accepted today! I'm so excited to get into PA school! The interview was very laid back and everyone just wanted to get to know you. They were all so nice and welcoming! Also, yes try and meet the students at the social the night before because it helped so much! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Hey guys, I graduated in August of 2012 from SIU, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask them.

The itenerary is pretty much what has been already listed if they haven't changed it at all.

I would also recommend going to the dinner the night before.  It's difficult to get a feel for the program talking only to the instructors, and it's nice to get the current students away to see what life as a PA student is actually like.

The invitation says business casual, but I'm not sure why.  The guys should definitely wear a suit and tie, and the females dress accordingly. 

Again, if anyone has questions, just message me and I'll answer them  to the best of my ability.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing? I haven't heard anything from them yet. I hope that means they are still evaluating.

I am not certain if they are still interviewing or not.  I would assume so.  I had a friend last year that interviewed in April and got into the program.  I did get an email though from SIU and it said that they wanted to finalize the class by the end of this month (Feb).  But I am sure if some of the people that have reserved a spot decide to go to another school, they will interview others to try to fill the spot.

I was accepted into the class of 2016.  I was wondering if anyone has made a facebook page for our class?  Can't wait to meet all of you.

The email also said that there will be a facebook group started once the class is finalized.  I wish they already had the group started to I could talk to some of our classmates.

I didn't see anything in the email about the facebook group so I am sure it would be fine to make one now. I think anyone can start one. Just post the link on this page so people can join.

I just created a facebook page, SIU Physician Assistant Class of 2016.

Members of this years class feel free to join!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/589701524456201/

Archived