Chances of getting in?

Hi Everyone! Hoping some of you seasoned forum readers/current students or applicants can help me out.

My CASPA applications were sent last Wednesday and this is my first time applying to PA school. I have a BA in political science and religion and a masters in Public Administration. After grad school I realized I wanted to be in healthcare (dad died suddenly during surgery, realized I had a true interest in medicine). Got a job as a patient care tech for a little over a year (2200 hrs). Last spring I started taking pre-reqs. I had no prior bio/chem classes in undergrad. So far, I've completed AP1, Biol 1, Chem1, Micro, Medical term, biostats, and several Psych classes. Only 29 science hours, 19 completed BCP. I still have Biochem, AP2, Bio 2, and Chem 2 that I am taking now. At most schools, I have about 2-3 outstanding pre-reqs... I'm just not sure what to expect in terms of potential interviews. Done lots of PA shadowing probably total 250 hours in a variety of settings over the last few years and have about 3000 hours of volunteer work since undergrad.

I've always been a pretty average student... Lots of B's. Nothing ever lower than a C throughout undergrad or grad school...

CASPA calculated GPA as 3.16 overall, 3.21 science. I took the GRE, pretty average too 150 (V), 149(Q) 4.5 writing

Should I hold my breath for any interviews this cycle? Applied to 13 different schools.

Thanks for the help!

Archived