When to take GRE?

Hey everyone, just had a quick question. If I am applying in the next cycle (April 2014), would it be too late to take the GRE in January '14? I just don't know if this will give enough time to get the grades recorded/sent to the schools.

Also, if there is a quick turn around for the GRE scores, will it be alright if the scores are sent to the PA programs early? Or is there some way of holding off and sending them in April/May when I submit my CASPA.

Thanks for any info you guys could give!

They seem pretty good about the 10 day rule between taking the test and your scores posting. I can't speak to your scores being sent early, since I think a lot of schools don't want them before your application gets there, but you can always add new score reports from your account at any point...it just costs money. The first four are free when you take the test, and then I believe it costs $25 a pop after that. Kind of a bummer!

Archived