Need some advice

Hey guys i am looking for some advice. Here is some background info about me. I graduated from a 4 year college last year with a degree in biology. i had no clue what i wanted to do after college to tell you the truth i was completely happy with working a dead end job living check to check as long as i was having fun but this past year on my own has given me a whole new perspective on it means to live check to check. Anyway as u probably can tell that i didnt do well in college at all i graduated with a 2.64 gpa thats overall i think my science gpa might be a little better haven't calculated it yet.

i work as a patient service tech at the local hospital and was talking to some of the PA's that work in the hospital and seems like its something i would really enjoy doing. so figured the best way to figure that out was to shadow a PA and in the last month i have accumulated close to 70 hours of shadowing and have decided that its something i want to pursue. i know with my current gpa i have absolutely no chance of getting in a PA program i am clear on that and reading these forums for the past week i feel like i only have one option which is to take classes at a community college both science and non-science classes to increase my gpa, then apply and do well in either a 1 year or 2 year masters program and then apply to PA schools. this i think is going to be my plan of attack i know this route is going to take close to 3 years for me to get in to PA school i was just wondering is this the fastest route possible to get in to PA school?

any advice or suggestions are well appreciated thanks in advance.

I thought post bacc had a pretty strict gpa / test score requirements yeah? tell u the truth havent really looked that in depth in to post bacc programs. are post bacc programs specific to each school for example if i wanted to attend mid western would i have to do a post bacc at mid western for it to matter? and also where would i be able to find detailed information on post bacc programs if anyone has a link it would be great i will also try and google it.

The PA program won't care where you did your post bacc at. You can do it where you did your undergrad. Wherever you can get in essentially. And they all have different requirements. I believe I've seen kids around here that had sub 3 GPA's and get into poss bacc programs before going to PA school. I would suggest doing some research on the programs you were most interested in and seeing what they require, then go and find a post bacc program where you did your undergrad at and knock it out of the water.

Archived