Chances of Getting into PA School

Hi,

I have a BA degree (in psychology and minor in education) already from a UC. I transferred from a community college after 2 years and graduated from the UC. MY overall GPA is 3.3 and I believe my science GPA is 3.0. I still have to take anatomy and physiology and microbiology (at a community college since I have graduated) and GRE (or MCATS- not sure which one to take). I have volunteered at a hospital and for a few non profit organizations. I do not have research experience as of yet. Not yet shadowed a PA but am planning on.

I want to see what your opinions are in regards to me getting into a PA program at either USC or Loma Linda University -- or any PA Programs in California. If any of you have good advice to me that can strengthen my application , That would be great too! Please help me as I am very determined to get in to PA school. Thank you!

I would definitely advise more health care experience and doing well on those additional classes. I didn't make it into any of the schools I applied to last time, I got a couple interviews but in the end all my "no"s were a result of lack of health care experience, whether it be EMT, CNA or scribe it will be critical. Even the schools that don't require it, expect it.

I would definitely advise more health care experience and doing well on those additional classes. I didn't make it into any of the schools I applied to last time, I got a couple interviews but in the end all my "no"s were a result of lack of health care experience, whether it be EMT, CNA or scribe it will be critical. Even the schools that don't require it, expect it.

How about a former medical student. I am currently serving as a medical service officer in the army. do i need more clinical experience?

How about a former medical student. I am currently serving as a medical service officer in the army. do i need more clinical experience?

I'm pretty sure that would be great, I mean I'm not on admissions or anything. Some schools do have requirements that any experience used be paid, saying that volunteered time or other extracurriculars are good for the application but don't always count for hours (ex. shadowing).

Just curious, what does a medical service officer?

Archived