New PA, should I hire a personal financial advisor/accountant?

Unless you have some very strange tax situation, just get Turbo Tax. I've been a working professional, am currently a student, am married, have a kid, have rented out a property, dealt with investments, and owned a business. Turbo Tax handled it all with no problem. I'm even married to a CPA :)

The financial advisor would be a good idea, but probably no need to do it until after you're done with school and actually have an income. They can help you figure out how to best allocate your money in terms of investment, loan repayment, etc.

Unless you have some very strange tax situation, just get Turbo Tax. I've been a working professional, am currently a student, am married, have a kid, have rented out a property, dealt with investments, and owned a business. Turbo Tax handled it all with no problem. I'm even married to a CPA :)

My girlfriend is a CPA and tends to net me a much better refund than I manage alone with tax software. Maybe you're just smarter than the average bear when it comes to taxes. ;)

Archived