Accepted to PA school, Need advice. Does it matter which PA school you go to?

I just got an acceptance letter to a PA program and I have 2 weeks to decide. the school is not my top choice, I have two weeks to accept and pay the deposit or to decline. I also have 1 interview for the waitlist in august and the rest of the programs I really want to go to will most likely start interviews in a few months.

my options:

1. Accept and go to a pa program that is not my top choice.

2. Decline and take my chances with the rest of the programs I applied to and would rather attend.

3. Pay the deposit and interview for other schools anyway.

Does it matter which PA school you go too?

Definitely number 3. Pay the deposit and interview at other schools. If you get into a school that is higher on your list, then go to that school. You may lose the money on the first deposit, but the security of knowing that you have a spot in a program is well worth it.

+1, it'll be $500 in the long run vs another year of waiting and CASPA fees (plus do you really want to fill out the CASPA again)... Also and unfortunately, with a science GPA <3, you'll be weeded out on terms of that by many ADCOM's. Pay it. Good luck and congrats on getting in.

If you have the money, go ahead and pay and reserve your seat.

If you don't have the money, FIND THE MONEY, go ahead and pay and reserve your seat.

First rule of the game is always accept your first invite!! Keep interviewing and if you get in somewhere preferable, just chunk the deposit money down as a smart investment in your future.

Archived