How much do you bring in for your practice?

Do you ever ask yourself "Is what I'm bringing in for the practice/hospital normal compared to my colleagues?" I think it would be interesting to hear about collections statistics based on setting, patients per day, years in practice, procedure percentages, commercial vs medicare/medicaid percentages, etc. I know there are MANY factors that contribute, but I'll go ahead and start it....

I'm in my 3rd year of practice, and autonomously run an offsite multidisciplinary musculoskeletal clinic for a primary care doc. I see anywhere from 10-20 patient per day, with approximately 75%-80% procedures. Insurance breakdown is approximately 60% commercial, 30% medicare, and 10% cash. I also send to PT and order a fair amount of DME. I'm averaging anywhere from $30,000-$60,000 in monthly collections, but have seen months as high as $90,000. Procedures primarily consist of ultrasound guided joint injections, trigger point injections, carpal tunnel injections, and peripheral nerve blocks.

I look forward to hearing from everyone and feel free to add any relevant information, including salary information if appropriate!

Urgent care for a family practice clinic; we are housed within the clinic, but we are the only urgent/minor care for the hospital (which we are physically attached to but not associated with). I see 25 patients/day on average - summer is slower, but winter/spring are crazy busy. I average $35k collections/month - 25-45k range. Mostly level 3, a few level 4s. Sutures 2-3x/wk, occ jt aspirations/injections, abscess drainages, etc. Generally my collections are not procedure based. I'm almost 2 years out of school, been doing this for the last year and a half. We are nearly 40% medicare/medicaid, 10% private pay. The rest commercial. Largely an aging population.

Guest Paula

I tried to get this information from our business office. The manager told me she has no idea. They don't have the capability to get that detailed of information. Mind you, I work at a tribal clinic. We do not have EHR (yet). They are months behind in billing. It is not automated. So, when we go live in August we are supposed to be able to have a mechanism built in for billing. We are also an FQHC so I should get 100% reimbursement or in other words, same reimbursement rate as the physician.

After finding out the clinic has never tracked their providers for what they bill and what is collected I thought to myself: Hmmmm, this might be a good thing. They can't fire me for being unproductive because they have no idea!

Archived