Caspa 2013-2014: Gwu

Accepted as well! Have an interview at emory in jan, so for those that are wait listed there is still hope.I will probably choose emory if accepted and I'm sure there are others in similar situations, so there's still a chance.

In a similar situation... already accepted my seat at Emory, interviewed back in November. Decisions, decisions...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

aww I hope so! How did you know you were high on the waitlist? I'm currently on the waitlist and pateintly waiting but I don't know what my chances are >< For all I know the class is full :( Do you possibly know how many people are on the waitlist/likelihood of getting pulled off the waitlist? any input would be appreciated! :)

aww I hope so! How did you know you were high on the waitlist? I'm currently on the waitlist and pateintly waiting but I don't know what my chances are >< For all I know the class is full :( Do you possibly know how many people are on the waitlist/likelihood of getting pulled off the waitlist? any input would be appreciated! :)

I interviewed on the last interview day, and since I have been pulled off the waitlist and officially accepted, I would assume that as of right now the class is full... however there are still tons of interviews going on this month and a few next month for other programs, so as people slowly start finding out about acceptances, spots can open up for those on the wait list. On my interview day, the director mentioned at the very end that if you do get put on the wait list, they can't tell you exactly where you are (and they say in the letter that the list is not ranked), but she said they could tell us if we were considered "high," "middle," or "low" on the list. I emailed Erin and she got back to me within a matter of minutes and told me that I was considered High on the list. But to follow up with that, she also reminded me that the list is very fluid, and that the admissions committee meets to review each candidate again to see who will be the best match/ be the best contribution to the current overall class dynamic. A current student told me that a few of the people in his class had been pulled from the wait list, and that sometimes people are offered a spot just days before the program begins. I don't know how many people are on the wait list, but my best advice would be to email and politely express that while you understand the list is "not ranked" and also "very fluid," you would like to know if you are considered high, middle or low, and hopefully that puts your mind at ease a little :) 

Best of luck to you, and all the best! Feel free to message me or post with any other questions or concerns - Trust me, I totally understand the anxiety of it all, but I'm living proof that there is hope for waitlisters! Just be vigilant in checking your email (im sure you are already), because the turn around time that they wanted was pretty quick. I had roughly 2-3 days to complete my statement of intent and pay my deposit to secure my spot.

Good Luck, Stay Positive! :)

Based on what I have been hearing from people on the facebook page, a lot of students are on the edge about staying with the GWU program-- it's expensive, in a difficult location, and NO they are not nice interviewers at GWU  lol. It turned more than a few people off, so waitlisters be warned, you might have a lot of opportunities.

Abdufin's description accurately describes my reasoning in giving up my seat at GWU. I didn't get a supportive vibe from the program staff or interviewers, like I did at other programs.

Waitlisters, don't lose hope yet! I know that Emory, Duke and Baylor (as well as other programs) are still interviewing/accepting candidates, which may affect the waitlist at GWU.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They called to offer the seat. I was just wondering if many others had gotten off the waitlist because the last time I spoke with them they said I was "low" on the list, aka don't get your hopes up! I am not sure what to so as I have already made a deposit elsewhere.

I was also waitlisted and when I emailed in the beginning of February they told me I was "high" on the wait list.....However, that must not mean much considering KM1006 who was told they were "low" got an offer a few days ago. Good for you KM1006. Sorry you turned it down but happy that you are happy with the program that you picked. Well maybe another one of us will get an offer on Monday. 

• 1 month later...

Archived