Caspa 2013-2014

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats to all those who have interviews.

It is Sept 3rd and a group of 14 of us just interviewed. Many of us have interviewed at other schools, many have future interviews, and I met one who had already been accepted to another program.

The facilities are as beautiful and impressive in person as they are online. The interview is pretty laid back. They feed you breakfast and lunch, and the interviewers want to make you feel comfortable, where I have heard at some schools they try to intimidate and rattle you.

You will be asked some random questions to try and get to know you, be ready for that! They were fun, we all laughed about our answers later.

Father Leonard was an awesome host, Abi is so kind and willing to answer questions, and Dr. Stuart showed us the cadaver lab and answered questions about the lab. The PA students who went with us to lunch were very hospitable and friendly. They were all so friendly. I wish you all luck, and I congratulate those who have been accepted.

Hi everyone!

I interviewed at Desales on September 3rd and was accepted today! I'm so excited! Everything jacecrawford said was true (I think I remember you). Honestly, I didn't think I did that well in my interview, but I guess they thought I did. Go figure, right?

Good luck to everyone still applying/interviewing/waiting to hear!

I also interviewed on September 3rd and received a phone call this evening that I was accepted! I am so thrilled, as DeSales is my top choice program. I was so impressed by their faculty and new facility, The Gambet Center. For anyone thinking of applying in the future, take a hard look at this program. They are expanding rapidly and from the extensive research I have done, DeSales rivals any other PA program in the nation. I feel it is a hidden gem in Pennsylvania, and since I am not a local (I'm from Florida), I am so happy I found this school. My advice to those applying and interviewing, research the right program for you. A program's faculty, current students, and overall mission should resonate with you, and DeSales does that for me. Good luck to everyone!

You have two formal one-on-one interviews with faculty members, a short info session with a small group of candidates and the program director, and two short answer essay questions. There are no trick questions. They just want to get to know you. It's always the same story on this forum from people who have interviewed and been accepted, and it holds true: just be yourself. Know why you want to be a PA and why THAT program is right for you. For me, it took going to visit the program by interviewing to figure that out, though I had a very strong feeling about where I thought I would like to attend. Know what kind of environment you thrive in and where you could see yourself being successful. If this profession is the right one for you, you know it and it's easy to convey. When it's easy to convey, you'll shine and end up in the right program for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The deadline is some time in January, so my guess is prob through Jan and Feb (although this isn't something I know for definite). Desales also has an expansion request going from 60-80 students (which hasn't yet been fully approved) which also makes be believe that they will have a couple more interview sessions. Hope this helps!

Does anyone know how far out interview invites will be till?

Archived