Retaking courses- university or CC

I'm planning on taking prereq courses such as micro w lab and physio w lab. I'm wondering if schools judge students' GPAs and courses taken the same between courses taken at a university versus a community college or if it is looked down upon taking it at a CC. The main reason is that the CC is cheaper [by a lot~ $300 vs $3000+]. Would really appreciate the input. I went to a university for undergrad but also took anatomy + lab at a CC because our university didn't offer an anatomy lab.

It depends on the PA school -- some don't care where you take your prereqs, others specify that they must be from a 4 year University. I would say take them at a community college -- especially since they are not upper division courses to begin with (CCs only offer 100 and 200 level).

Depends on the school. My university had both upper and lower division. The upper division was only offered once a year for bio majors and the lower division was meant for everyone else. Alkiss929 is right. Some schools want upper division and others don't care if you took the upper or lower division. I took upper division 6 yrs ago in anatomy, micro, physio and had to retake them at a cc because they were expired.

Archived