CASPA application accelerated processing

Just curious if this would work in speeding up the process.

I was thinking that perhaps  2-3 days before CASPA opens up to start the GRE and transcript process so that maybe they would be upload quicker instead of waiting a week after the application system opens up.  

As a re-applicant I would like to get my apps in within the week this year. 

Has anyone done this or tried it?

Thank you!

Do not send anything to CASPA until you have your new application opened up. It is very likely that anything post marked before the CASPA opening date will be discarded, which would actually cost you more money and could delay things more. Follow them on Facebook since they send out updates and notifications that way. Sending your transcripts the day it opens is still very early.

Instead you can work on making your LORs are submitted quickly because I have found that is a big area that slows down your CASPA submission. Formulate a resume that you can copy and paste everything over into CASPA and and use the tool as a re-applicant to move some of your old information over into the new application.

Good luck!!

Guest HanSolo

I would just wait. By trying to jump the gun you might actually end up having to wait longer if something goes awry. I understand the rush to get everything in early. You'll still be way ahead of everyone waiting on transcripts to finalize. I think, in general, May = early, even for some of the mid-summer admissions deadlines. 

CASPA doesn't even post transcripts the first week they're open. They won't throw them out if they get there on the 27, but you won't get posted any faster than someone who's transcript gets there on May 1. Don't bother trying to rush it, you're taking risks for no reason.

To provide a loose frame of reference: Last year I submitted my app for all but 1 of my schools in mid-June, it was verified within 1-2 days. I submitted the app for my final school on 29Jun2016 and it took about a week. I got early interviews at 2 schools. It seemed to really pick up in July and start taking much longer for verification. No need to rush too much at the very start of the cycle, you can wait until it opens and work on having everything sent to CASPA the day it opens. In the long run, submitting say May 1st vs. like mid-May won't make a difference you'll be considered an early applicant either way and most rolling admissions schools are probably evaluating apps from that first month or so of the cycle for their early interviews so before June should be fine.

Archived