A PA Changed My Life (and I Want to Find Him).

Hello! This is a shot in the dark, but back in 2008-2010 I was a Pharma Rep selling Ultram ER in Fresno, CA. I was absolutely miserable. I had graduated at the peak of the recession with a degree in English Lit and I wanted to be a writer, but journalists were losing their jobs and being a pharma rep had all the markings of a stable career. 

There were days I would sit in my car for upwards of half an hour willing myself to get out and sell doctors on my drug. I was 22 and traumatized by the docs who touched me inappropriately and propositioned me. I hated myself for being a highly educated coffee delivery person.

But, there was one PA who was incredibly kind to me. We out to lunch and he handed me a gift. It was Elmore Leonard's 10 Rules of Writing. He told me to be a writer. He told me to chase my dreams. He had no other intention than to give a young person the wherewithal to follow her passion.

I want to find this man and THANK HIM. I did become a writer (with health insurance!) and he was the catalyst that got me there. Are you this person? Or can you help me find this person? I don't remember his name or his office (it's been almost 7 years)...

Hey Dryu226,

I would contact the California Academy of Physician Assistants which is the professional state organization for pas in the state of California and see if they can help you locate this PA. Its always encouraging to hear stories about PAs who practice with integrity and character!

Congrats on your accomplishment. Should you contact CAPA you might find out if the local PA group is still meeting.

http://www.capanet.org/About/Northern-California/

I know that there were a few PA groups in that area and they would often meet for CME. Maybe you can track the PA down that way. The PAs in the Central Valley are a great bunch of folks, not a whole lot of them so there is a good chance someone knows the PA you are looking for. Good luck.

Archived