Any Acceptances yet?

Also, when did you apply? when did you interview? and what were your GPAs?

Congrats! however today at my interview they said acceptances/alternates/no acceptances will be given out at the end of march/april and not anytime before.

i was wondering if you applied very early on in the process which is why you were given such an early acceptance, just so i wasnt mistaken by what was said today =)

I just received my acceptance email two days ago!

Little bit of my background:

Current undergraduate of Mount Saint Mary College in Newburgh, NY (earning my Bachelor's Degree in May)

Science GPA 3.55, Overall GPA 3.66

HCE: ~3000hrs as an Emergency Department Medical Scribe (while an Undergraduate)

I submitted my CASPA application very late in the cycle at the end of September. I interviewed at Western University on February 5th about two weeks ago. I really liked the MMI format as you get to meet a lot of the faculty you'll be interacting with over the next two years, as well as some of the current students. Also, if you feel like you didn't do as well as you would've liked in one room, it's much easier to shake it off and move on to the next. Considering all the horror stories we all hear about PA Program interviews, I must say that out of all the interviews I went to I didn't experience anything of the sort (5 total). At WesternU they really make a conscientious effort to make you feel comfortable, and it truly seems that they simply want to see how you are as a person and understand what kind of experiences you had in your life that led you to this point.

For anyone that still has an interview coming up, I encourage you to sit down with someone (such as a faculty member or coworker that you don't know too well) and have them ask you some questions about your life (not just PA Program related questions). Getting feedback on some distracting habits (wringing of hands, touching your hair, etc.) and poor delivery of an answer (saying 'um' too much, not answering the question asked, etc.) can really help you improve how you come off to the real interviewers. Lastly, for those of you that already interviewed and are waiting on a reply, the power of positive thinking is truly an amazing thing! The game is definitely not up, and it won't be until the first day of clases, because even at that point they can accept people on the waiting list!

If being a PA is your dream, and you have the drive to work your rear end off for it, all of the interviewers will see that fire, and that's the kind of student they want in their program! By accepting a student they are making an investment in them that they will go through the program with a fire in their gut, and be an outstanding PA and representative of the program. I believe in all of you, don't give up!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!

I interviewed on Feb. 24th and all the faculty and students were really nice. I felt like there was one station I did not do my best in but hopefully that doesn't take away from the other 3 stations I felt like I did really well in. I definitely liked the MMI format because you can move onto the next station and start over in case you feel like you didn't do well. Good luck to everyone who has interviews coming up, you'll do great! I'm so anxious to hear back already!

Also, I thought I head them say that they would be sending out evaluation forms regarding the interviews but I haven't received anything yet. Did anyone of you receive emails after your interviews for evaluations?

Hi everyone!

I interviewed on Feb. 24th and all the faculty and students were really nice. I felt like there was one station I did not do my best in but hopefully that doesn't take away from the other 3 stations I felt like I did really well in. I definitely liked the MMI format because you can move onto the next station and start over in case you feel like you didn't do well. Good luck to everyone who has interviews coming up, you'll do great! I'm so anxious to hear back already!

Also, I thought I head them say that they would be sending out evaluation forms regarding the interviews but I haven't received anything yet. Did anyone of you receive emails after your interviews for evaluations?

I also felt like I did not do my best in one of the stations. We are not the only ones! I heard other students say the same thing as they were walking out. This is why I like to believe that it may not count as much as the other 3 stations. I bet the 10% who got quick acceptances were the ones who did answer that one well haha. 

Looks like the "mid March" to hear back from became "end of March" according to their Facebook post.

Best of luck to you all waiting! I know it's an anxious time; I can still remember checking my e-mails constantly at work. You guys have made it this far, have positive thoughts! If you do not get in this year, take advantage of the admissions offer to review your application as some of my classmates were reapplicants. 

The last interviews are on March 9th and 10th, and the program is going on Spring Break from March 23-27 to give you a timeline. 

I also felt like I did not do my best in one of the stations. We are not the only ones! I heard other students say the same thing as they were walking out. This is why I like to believe that it may not count as much as the other 3 stations. I bet the 10% who got quick acceptances were the ones who did answer that one well haha. 

I had one interview I walked out of thinking I bombed. Don't let one bad interview get you down, that is what the other interviews were for!

As RoxieDarling stated, the multiple interview sessions can work in your favor. Personally, I felt as if I could have enunciated and clarified more on some questions, but I felt confident in my answers for the other questions. I suppose most applicants have this kind of mixed feelings after interviews though.

However, it is not a fluke that we all made it this far! Like rhwin28 said, we all made it this far for a reason. I hope to see you all during welcome week :).

Looks like the "mid March" to hear back from became "end of March" according to their Facebook post.

I interviewed 2/6, and all of us that were interviewed that day were told that the majority would find out the final statuses during the last week of March!

Best,

PrheePA

Ya, me too! I was reading the comments from last years cycle and their last interview date was march 6th and they were being notified by the 10th of acceptances and then like 3 or 4 days later people started receiving rejections. So, I am hoping we'll hear back by the end of next week!

Archived