Any Acceptances yet?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats! however today at my interview they said acceptances/alternates/no acceptances will be given out at the end of march/april and not anytime before.

i was wondering if you applied very early on in the process which is why you were given such an early acceptance, just so i wasnt mistaken by what was said today =)

Congrats to everyone who has received an interview and/or invitation to join WesternU!   I am a current first year student.  Once more of you get accepted, we can set up a Facebook group so you can all start to get to know each other and get connected with the first years for any questions / advice.  

We are in the process of setting up a mentor program (it wasn't done for us, but has been done in the past).  A lot of our current students want to help out with that transition process into PA school.  If you are accepted and know that are 100% committed to attending WesternU, message me and I can set you an administrator of the Facebook group so you can add more accepted students in.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow future PAs,

Belladinotte, congratulations on your acceptance! That is quite the accomplishment. I interviewed on Friday, February 6th, and I just received an acceptance today from Ms. Lopez as well!

For those of you going through the last few interview dates, good luck to you all. You all worked tremendously hard to get to this point; have faith in yourself, and push onward. The interview nerves were definitely running high on the day of the interview, but all of the interviewers were very amicable and welcoming.

Best,

PrheePA

Just received my acceptance today and I have seriously been crying tears of joy since.I was rejected from 9 out of 10 schools I applied to and my caspa GPA was BARELY a 3.0 because I screwed up in college when I was 18 and dumb. Just want to give everyone hope that even if your stats aren't optimal; hard work, perseverance, and passion will get you to your goals. I am so excited to be accepted to Western!!

Congratulations on the acceptances! We are excited to have you join the WesternU family! As kmoseley mentioned, the mentor program is being finalized and we will be available to answer any questions/concerns that you may have. In the meantime, feel free to message any of the 1st years on the forum, we are happy to help! 

To those who interviewed on February 6th, I was one of the students with the faculty :)

I interviewed on Jan 30th and honestly I was probably a weaker applicant. I had 100 hours of HCE but about 2 years of medical research experience and a strong academic background in my last 2 years.This was my first time ever applying so I was already starting the process for this next cycle. I did have great LOR's and in my interview I was honest and spoke from my heart. I'd like to believe it was my honesty in my interview that got me in and not my stats; because my stats are just barely there. I am thankful that Western seems to care more about the applicants as a whole package rather than just stats on a page.

Congrats to everyone who has received an interview and/or invitation to join WesternU!   I am a current first year student.  Once more of you get accepted, we can set up a Facebook group so you can all start to get to know each other and get connected with the first years for any questions / advice.  

We are in the process of setting up a mentor program (it wasn't done for us, but has been done in the past).  A lot of our current students want to help out with that transition process into PA school.  If you are accepted and know that are 100% committed to attending WesternU, message me and I can set you an administrator of the Facebook group so you can add more accepted students in.  

Congratulations on the acceptances! We are excited to have you join the WesternU family! As kmoseley mentioned, the mentor program is being finalized and we will be available to answer any questions/concerns that you may have. In the meantime, feel free to message any of the 1st years on the forum, we are happy to help! 

To those who interviewed on February 6th, I was one of the students with the faculty :)

Thank you kmoseley and rhwin28! Growing up all my life just 15 minutes away from Western, Western has been the school that I have wanted to go to for years. It is so humbling and exciting to be able to join you both and the other WesternU family members. I appreciate you all taking your time to set up the mentorship program and everything; it will be such a great help. I await the day we can all meet in person!

Thank you,

PrheePA

Could you give us a little more about your background? Was this your first time applying? How many HCE hes did you have? And when did you interview?

Congrats by the way!! :)

teddygirl,

Hello! I was a first-time applicant as well. HCE-wise, when I submitted my CASPA, I had 1100 as an EMT, 300 hours as a volunteer at a hospital near Western, and 400 hours as a recruitment and training coordinator for that volunteer program. GPA-wise, similar to RoxieDarling, I screwed up terribly during my first two years in college, but I made it up by getting high grades for the last 3 years. My cumulative, science, and pre-req GPAs were all above 3.5 when I was verified by CASPA.

Best,

PrheePA

To everyone who has been accepted... CONGRATS! I can't wait to meet you all! I just got my acceptance yesterday and can't wait to come out to California! I would be very interested in connecting with other admitted students to talk about things such as housing! SO EXCITED TO MEET EVERYONE! :)

Archived