Passed PANCE!

Hi everyone:

I took PANCE on 1/4/2014. Just found out I passed a couple days ago.

This forum has been very helpful during my studying. I really appreciated those who shared experience and stats, I used them as my guide, and I think it worked well. And I am so happy to finally be able to pitch in my two cents as well. 

I mainly used ExamMaster and KaplanQbank. I also used the Vans Rhee book. Rushed through the Davis Diamond book in the last week. Glanced through the Lange book. 

ExamMaster avg 70%, Kaplan avg 67%. Final PANCE score 489 (pass score 350)

We were eligible to take PANCE in Nov 2013, but I dragged it to get the 10 year re-cert. It gave me more time to study, but at the same time I never studied very hard. I would say that I spent on average 2-3 hours per day on weekdays. Then there was Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year....

What I am trying to say is that I though with my avg on ExamMaster and Kaplan, I would have scored above 500, but I over estimated myself. So that is a little disappointing. However, on the other hand, one doesn't have to give up life to study for PANCE.

Out of all the materials I have, I really do like Kaplan Qbank. It is very intensive and extensive. It is a great learning source. So is ExamMaster. It really helped me to get used to read the long stems, since the actual PANCE question stems were not that much shorter. Many people used their ExamMaster and Kaplan stats as predictors. I think it is valid. It sure did give me a peace of mind.

As for books, I like the Davis Diamond book. I wish I had more time to spend on it. It also goes in deep. But it doesn't cover enough fields. Rhee book is a very good reference, but it is very concise, not detailed. So you sort have to use it as an index, not an encyclopedia. There's enough space to take notes, etc, so you can "make your own book" with it. Lange is a little too easy. I think it is good studying material, but I was not very impressed with it. 

Again, good luck everyone!!!

Archived