East coast schools offering PA progrem without a BS/BA

Hey guys, I've discovered a program offered by Drexel that offers entry into a PA program without a BS.

Non Degreed:

Those who do not hold an undergraduate degree but have accumulated at least 90 semester

credit hours (or 135 quarter credit hours) of acceptable transfer credits at the time of application.

Currently, Non-Degreed Applicants accepted into the PA Program will matriculate for a single degree,

the Master of Health Science, and not as candidates for dual degrees, the Bachelor of Science and

the Master of Health Science.The provisional acceptance for a Non-Degreed Applicant who does not

document on official transcripts the successful completion of all missing prerequisite or elective coursework

by the end of the spring academic term prior to expected matriculation will be rescinded

I was wondering if anybody knows other schools that offer such entrance? I feel like I'd be putting all my eggs in one basket so to speak by gathering all the credits at a community

college only not to get in.

Thanks

Anthony

Saint Francis University in Loretto, PA offers a 5 year program. Mainly it's aimed at students who are looking to start a program after high school. I think after an accumulation of so many credits you are not eligible to apply for this. Are these the kind of programs you are looking for?

The Drexel site says they classify applicants in one of 3 ways: degreed, pending-degreed, and non-degreed.

True, Drexel says they may consider some applicants w/o a degree, but I wonder how many they actually admit? I bet it's a handful at most. I imagine "non-degreed" is reserved for unique individuals with years of advanced HCE who are looking to become a PA later in life. Is that you? Could be, but, like you say, don't put all your eggs in one basket and try to become a PA this way. It's not meant as a easy way to circumvent the degree requirement.

Drexel has a freshman admit program...3 years undergrad at Drexel then you apply to the PA program. This "non-degreed" category may have something to do with those students who will not get an undergrad degree first maybe? I don't know...go to one of their open houses or give them a call and find out for sure.

That is for Drexel's 5-year PA program. You get "accepted" into PA school out of high school but still take regular undergrad classes for 3 years. Then the last, senior year is your first PA year. As far as I know you still have to have an interview and get admitted to PA program during your junior year of college. This program is not for undergrads from other schools. If you find other programs I am positive they will want you taking a few undergrad classes before getting interviewed at a PA program itself.

Archived