Internal Med/Surgery Rotations

We will be entering our clinical year soon and I just received my rotation schedule. I am schedule for 6 weeks of internal med and surgery all in a row with no time in between. Is this standard for other programs? I know these are the most time intensive rotation blocks and I am a little worried about going into that. Any advice? Did you survive this?

I went from ER to internal med to surgery that way. It was doable. It all depends on the preceptors you get. You don't get to choose the order of your rotations as far as I've seen.

Clinical year was less stressful. Just a test at the end of each rotation and spending some evenings boning up on a surgery for tomorrow or to answer questions you were pimped on that day and didn't know the answer to.

Take a breath! It will be fine.

Good luck!

Just wrapped a month in inpatient med/hospitalist, was on campus for a week for testing, now in CT surg for a month. Been having a blast....of course I have no other commitments other than calling my kids once in awhile so that helps ease the stress...sort of surrendering yourself to the process. It goes by super quick, leaving you wanting more.

We had 4 days off clinical year - Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years day...the rest of the year we were at the mercy of our preceptors. No study days off...straight from the office/hospital to school for exams and start all over again. Graduated last week...I'm ready for a vacation haha. So yes, you can survive this!

Archived