Advice for UMDNJ PA Program Interview

I interviewed there last year and felt it was by far the most relaxing atmosphere. There were three people interviewing me, one of them--Matthew Mcquillan--was great in making me feel comfortable.

I didn't end up going there, but that's not because I disliked the place. Great school and great faculty based on my experience.

Be yourself, and know about the school.

I interviewed at 4 schools, and was accepted to all 4. Eye contact, honesty and professionalism.

Know about the schools pass rates for first time takers of the boards -- that could be a reason why you choose a certain school. Any health care experience, they may ask about that. Thinking on the fly, pressure situations. Examples of having to think outside the box in a stressful situation. You need to be on your A game, because you never know what you will be asked.

Thats where your professionalism, honesty and how you carry yourself can make up for not so perfect answers.

Good luck, you will be fine!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the advise. My interview was this morning. they did happen to ask me about what would make me choose a school and i stated the pass rate would be my option and UMDNJ just so happens to have a great pass rate. I felt like i could of done better answering the questions and I allowed my nerves to get the best of me but just as bosox2k1 stated the interviewers tried to make me as comfortable as possible and were all kind.

bosox2k1 if you don't mind me asking how much time passed before you received a response from the school? I saw one student on this forum received an answer the same day but I didn't see any emails from them yet

asar I have 400 years of shadowing a PA. I've been shadowing since the summer of 2008 and I can admit my grades are not that great. my overall gpa is 3.3. after graduating i spent a year as a non-matric student taking classes over again. Give yourself more time because one of the advisors told me that there are i believe 3 more interview dates. there was only one interview date before today's interview. Good luck!

I wish you good luck ms09. My gpa is 3.8 and I have around 400 hours of volunteer and shadowing doctors in clinical rounds. I worked at yale lab as a research assistant, and have a scientific publication and an abstract. :-/ I don't know if I would be called for an interview or not, they still have not reviewed my application. Good luck to all of you.

Archived