Applying 2nd Cycle- how to tweak PS?

I find the whole PS/LOR the most stressful

part of applying... Not the classes or interviews!

Anyhow, I am totally lost as to how to approach PS #2.

PS #1 was a good intro, a little about me, what motivated me to want to be a PA and why I would succeed. It included all of the basics and I felt as though I had some original ideas that set me apart.

Im on a few waiting lists currently but realize I need to apply again in case I don't get accepted.

Sooo... How much of my original PS do I include? I don't want to focus on the fact that I "didn't make it" the first time through on my PS. It feels like I'm admitting failure , which is hard to accept even on my own.

Basicallt I have continued fulfilling pre-reqs and taking another advanced chem and pharma . I have also done a lot more shadowing (I do have paid HCE as well). But the main difference will be the advanced chem and more shadowing. Is that enough to talk about?

Any direction or suggestions would

Be most appreciated !!!

All those things you've mentioned I'm assuming are already in the rest of your application- the additional classes, and more shadowing. So I wouldn't change much or stress those additional things, unless you have room. I sort of assume the admissions folk are smart people so I don't need to restate things in my PS that are already in other sections. I want to give them more.

I am reapplying as well, I haven't taken any new classes or shadowed, the shadowing has been really hard to come by for me. But I have done more HCE so what I did was mention another experience I recently had at work that really left an impression on me. I still kept the same ideas from last year to this year, just wrote it better and had a slightly different angle.

It sounds like you liked your first one, so keep most of the ideas in it. After all, reapplying doesn't make the experiences and reasons you stated irrelevant. Unless of course the admission people said your PS stunk...

Archived