I really need help with this! Thanks in advance. Everyone please have a look.

I have done my GED and applied to kingsborough community college in NY. I am really passionate about becoming a PA! I'm 24 years old.

I am a bit confused about how this program works. They have a "pre-req pa" transfer option in this community college.

http://www.kbcc.cuny.edu/apdegree/pages/KCCBIO.aspx#PHYSICIANASS

That is the link. If you scroll down you will see where it says " Physician Assistant Transfer Option "

What exactly does this transfer option mean? Do I have to complete 4 years in a community college to apply to a PA school or do I have to complete 2 years at a community college before I apply to a 4 year school which offers the PA bachelor program?

If anyone knows or who has experienced doing a PA transfer option please let me know how it works! And how many years it takes for you to take the pre-reqs. Since I have my GED I am having difficulty applying to a 4 year college, but then again I came across this transfer program they offered at a community college.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

I have done my GED and applied to kingsborough community college in NY. I am really passionate about becoming a PA! I'm 24 years old.

I am a bit confused about how this program works. They have a "pre-req pa" transfer option in this community college.

That is the link. If you scroll down you will see where it says " Physician Assistant Transfer Option "

What exactly does this transfer option mean? Do I have to complete 4 years in a community college to apply to a PA school or do I have to complete 2 years at a community college before I apply to a 4 year school which offers the PA bachelor program?

If anyone knows or who has experienced doing a PA transfer option please let me know how it works! And how many years it takes for you to take the pre-reqs. Since I have my GED I am having difficulty applying to a 4 year college, but then again I came across this transfer program they offered at a community college.

I would call the school for the most accurate information. The transfer program sounds like what some schools have. Usually it is an agreement with a community college or other college where the student can complete all the PA pre reqs and then will get an acceptance to the partner school PA program or be given a guaranteed interview for the program. But to avoid guessing on this forum I would just call the school direct they should be prepared to answer any program questions you have.

I would call the school for the most accurate information. The transfer program sounds like what some schools have. Usually it is an agreement with a community college or other college where the student can complete all the PA pre reqs and then will get an acceptance to the partner school PA program or be given a guaranteed interview for the program. But to avoid guessing on this forum I would just call the school direct they should be prepared to answer any program questions you have.

Those look like classes you can take at the cc that will transfer to an agreeing 4-year college, where you finish your undergraduate degree, then transition to their PA program IF you get accepted to the PA program. Most - if not all? - community colleges grant 2-year associate's degrees or don't let you go past 60-64 credits/upper-level courses. A 4-year degree typically is about 124 credits. ... Contact them and ask your questions.

Those look like classes you can take at the cc that will transfer to an agreeing 4-year college, where you finish your undergraduate degree, then transition to their PA program IF you get accepted to the PA program. Most - if not all? - community colleges grant 2-year associate's degrees or don't let you go past 60-64 credits/upper-level courses. A 4-year degree typically is about 124 credits. ... Contact them and ask your questions.

Archived