Just took PANRE - passed - advice on studying

I just found out I passed!

This was my first recert and I can honestly say this recert was 10 times harder than my original PANCE 6 years ago. I realize this is a computer generated test and "you get what you get and you don't pitch a fit". Some tests are easier than others. But if I were preparing I would prepare for the hardest. If it's easy, you finish in no time and are on with your life.

I used HIPPO PA which is a great refresher course. I read the Van Rhee PA review book and for questions I used the Lange Q&A app, the Zarbock book questions. I do have first aid for USMLE step 2 but did not reference it as much as when I studied for the initial test. I also have access to Exam Master. I did not use it either.

I stuck with HIPPO, Lange and Zarbock questions as well as read Van Rhee.

What I would do differently if I had it to do again which I do in 6 yrs. lol... I would utilize the First Aid more. It is more in depth. I would also do either the Exam Master questions or the Kaplan online q bank. I did not as I thought these were too hard but for my exam they would have been perfect. When I compare the questions on my test to the Lange and Zarbock questions my test questions were on an entirely different level.

Don't get me wrong, I passed with a good score and had a decent comfortable margin above the minimal its just that I could have done much better and walked away with not quite so much discomfort if I had gone into a little more depth. Hope this helps direct someone in their studying. I will never, ever again wait until the last year for my exam.

This was my first recert and I can honestly say this recert was 10 times harder than my original PANCE 6 years ago. I realize this is a computer generated test and "you get what you get and you don't pitch a fit". Some tests are easier than others. But if I were preparing I would prepare for the hardest. If it's easy, you finish in no time and are on with your life.

I used HIPPO PA which is a great refresher course. I read the Van Rhee PA review book and for questions I used the Lange Q&A app, the Zarbock book questions. I do have first aid for USMLE step 2 but did not reference it as much as when I studied for the initial test. I also have access to Exam Master. I did not use it either.

What I would do differently if I had it to do again which I do in 6 yrs. lol... I would utilize the First Aid more. It is more in depth. I would also do either the Exam Master questions or the Kaplan online q bank. I did not as I thought these were too hard but for my exam they would have been perfect. When I compare the questions on my test to the Lange and Zarbock questions my test questions were on an entirely different level.

Don't get me wrong, I passed with a good score and had a decent comfortable margin above the minimal its just that I could have done much better and walked away with not quite so much discomfort if I had gone into a little more depth. Hope this helps direct someone in their studying. I will never, ever again wait until the last year for my exam.

Hello, thank you so much for posting your experience! I am studying now for the PANCE that is fast approaching and basically just doing Kaplan questions and reading explanations even if I get the question correct. Do you recommend reading a review book anyway? Or just doing questions? Also, would you split them into sections or just do the random question blocks? Thank you so much for your time! And congrats on passing ;)))

Hello, thank you so much for posting your experience! I am studying now for the PANCE that is fast approaching and basically just doing Kaplan questions and reading explanations even if I get the question correct. Do you recommend reading a review book anyway? Or just doing questions? Also, would you split them into sections or just do the random question blocks? Thank you so much for your time! And congrats on passing ;)))

I'm using HIPPO right now to study up on PANRE (purchased this past Thursday and testing this coming Wed), having never done so previously on my four other exams (progressively improving passing scores on each) due to the comments here by others that it seems more challenging now for whatever reason. A lot of what I'm hearing on the HIPPO videos seem more intensive than what I recall any of the former exams requiring but more is better I guess. QC could be a little better with some of the misstatements but they appear to correct slides as errors are pointed out to them. I'm hoping this one PANRE will be the last that I ever have to take.

I'm using HIPPO right now to study up on PANRE (purchased this past Thursday and testing this coming Wed), having never done so previously on my four other exams (progressively improving passing scores on each) due to the comments here by others that it seems more challenging now for whatever reason. A lot of what I'm hearing on the HIPPO videos seem more intensive than what I recall any of the former exams requiring but more is better I guess. QC could be a little better with some of the misstatements but they appear to correct slides as errors are pointed out to them. I'm hoping this one PANRE will be the last that I ever have to take.

Hi everyone, I passed Pance. How I did it? I did Vanrhee book, lange book, CME 5 day course. What helped the most--was the diammond davis book , do the entire book 3-4 days before your test day, I was prepared, nervous, but I passed. What helped me pass was doing lots of questions.

Hi everyone, I passed Pance. How I did it? I did Vanrhee book, lange book, CME 5 day course. What helped the most--was the diammond davis book , do the entire book 3-4 days before your test day, I was prepared, nervous, but I passed. What helped me pass was doing lots of questions.

I'd recommend a review book! I too tried a few but I liked VanRhee the best! I used & will re-use Kaplan. I'm recert'n for 1st time & going to go with HIPPO-PA. I did the 4 hr trial & actually enjoyed the review! I was awake for the entire 4 hrs! Glad to hear others are using HIPPO-PA & liking it! I was nervous as their new & increased their price 'cause they added qBank. Wish it was cheaper, but I'll take good over cheap!

I think HIPPO was fine for those who have been out for quite a while and are maybe specialized as opposed to PC. If your familiar with EMA/PCMA you'll like the format. I do wish that they would include the outtakes as part of the price. I'm sure none of the comments are things that we haven't heard previously.

Archived