What will happen?

The ARC-PA is set to review the Chatham PA program in March 2014. Many people on this forum believe the probationary status will be lifted off the program. I am wondering what will happen if the visit in March 2014 goes poorly? If the accreditation is withdrawn, what does that mean? Will students currently enrolled be able to graduate? When will the program close? I am a grad of the program, and I don't share the optimism of some of the people on this forum. If the Chatham PA program was on probation before I attended, I would have never entered the program. I definitely would not attend a PA program that refuses to disclose why they were put on probation and what steps they are taking to correct the situation.

I think a lot of people on this forum are taking the probationary status lightly. It means the program doesn't meet the standards and the capability of the program to provide an exceptional educational experience for its students is threatened. People on this forum are saying the program was put on probation for sloppy paperwork/poor record keeping. I disagree. There is a lot more to this story.

Also, a lot of people on this forum think that now Mr. Garrubba is program director, the Chatham PA program's problems will disappear. When Mr. Ramos was program director, I had very little interaction with him. When I was at the program, Susan Hawkins, Kelly Donkers, and Carol Ennulat basically ran the program. Mrs. Ennulat has left the program and told us she has gone on to "bigger and better things". Susan Hawkins and Kelly Donkers are as powerful and influential as ever. After the program was put on probation, I think a lot of the changes, particularly with the faculty, was very superficial.

The ARC-PA is set to review the Chatham PA program in March 2014. Many people on this forum believe the probationary status will be lifted off the program. I am wondering what will happen if the visit in March 2014 goes poorly? If the accreditation is withdrawn, what does that mean? Will students currently enrolled be able to graduate? When will the program close? I am a grad of the program, and I don't share the optimism of some of the people on this forum. If the Chatham PA program was on probation before I attended, I would have never entered the program. I definitely would not attend a PA program that refuses to disclose why they were put on probation and what steps they are taking to correct the situation.

I think a lot of people on this forum are taking the probationary status lightly. It means the program doesn't meet the standards and the capability of the program to provide an exceptional educational experience for its students is threatened. People on this forum are saying the program was put on probation for sloppy paperwork/poor record keeping. I disagree. There is a lot more to this story.

Also, a lot of people on this forum think that now Mr. Garrubba is program director, the Chatham PA program's problems will disappear. When Mr. Ramos was program director, I had very little interaction with him. When I was at the program, Susan Hawkins, Kelly Donkers, and Carol Ennulat basically ran the program. Mrs. Ennulat has left the program and told us she has gone on to "bigger and better things". Susan Hawkins and Kelly Donkers are as powerful and influential as ever. After the program was put on probation, I think a lot of the changes, particularly with the faculty, was very superficial.

• 4 months later...

Archived