HELP!!! Trying to find a lender for a mortgage as a student

Hello,

I just needed to see if anyone knew of a lender willing to lend for a mortgage for students without any income. I have a wife who will be a stay at home mother for our child. I know they have programs for medical students for this but I am trying to find one for PA students. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

You need to look around.

I am in a similar situation. I have a house out of state while I am attending PA school and paying rent.

Well, mortgage rates are low -- I am at 7.85% on that house!! And rates at my lender were 4.4 and they would not let me refi because I was unemployed!!

Well, since being unemployed for the last 9 months I have never missed a payment and I also have l around 8k in an account at that bank. That's enough to get me through PA school as far as mortgage payments go!!

I tried 3 or 4 other banks and they all said the same! I have perfect credit, and been making house payments for 10 years, and cannot get a break!

Good luck!!! If you get something going -- let me know!!

Archived