Question about HCE

Hello!

I am brand new to this and just recently decided to become a PA. I plan on applying in Spring 2014 for the 2015 cycle (I think that's how it works). After i graduate in May I have about 4 pre-reqs to finish up at a community college which will hopefully bring my GPA up to about a 3.4 (I know, kind of on the low end)! During my time off I will become a CNA.

My question is regarding my past health care experience. I have done some patient contact work for the past five years. The first job required providing direct care to handicapped individuals (providing personal hygiene, feeding, engaging in activities etc.) and the second job was somewhat similar except the individuals were much higher functioning and additional tasks included passing their medications and giving GI feedings.

Do these two experiences count towards HCE or does it only count if you have some kind of title like CNA or EMT?

Thanks!

Archived