NEED ADVICE - Clincal Experience Hours

I am a junior in college, just changed my emphasis from pre-physical therapy to pre-PA. My overall undergraduate GPA up through Fall 2012 is a 3.74/4.0, and hopefully by the time I apply to PA school (in August??) it will be a 3.78/4.0. GRE total is 297 (I am retaking it in July). I am planning on applying to Marquette University in Wisconsin, University of Wisconsin Madison, Midwestern University in Illinois, and University of Iowa. My main concern is that I have practically no patient contact hours since I have been pre-PT up until this semester. I have 300 hours of clinical experience with a licensed physical therapist which some schools are going to accept towards my total experience hours. If I plan to apply by August 2013 WHAT CAN I DO to get as many patient contact hours as possible before that date? Could I just apply in hospital ICUs full time during the summer? Or do most schools require paid contact hours? Should I enroll in a CNA course ASAP? I really do not want to take a year off after I graduate in May 2014 to obtain hours, but I will if it is abosolutely necessary. PLEASE HELP.

:sweat:

Archived