Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

prescribing testosterone in Indiana and question re: supervising docs location ??

Recommended Posts

Hi all, I am considering a position in Indiana. Part of the job will be treating hypogonadal males which means I will need to be prescribe testosterone. According to the Indiana Medical board: a PA can only prescribe one 30 day supply of a controlled substance. Does this mean that after that first prescription the rest of the patients scripts need to be written by the supervising physician? Any way around this? Another question regarding my supervising physicians physical location. From my reading of the state law if my supervising doc is at a separate location, that location needs to be in a contiguous county for me to be able to work. Am I reading this correctly? If he has another practice that is located in neither the county my/our office is in nor the contiguous county I can't legally be seeing patients? Once again, is my interpretation correct? Please tell me I'm wrong :) Thanks! Susan

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More