Trying to get HCE

I'm having a little trouble trying to work HCE into the schedule. I was hoping to become an EMT-B, but I am not sure if I can feasibly do it this semester. I'm currently taking 16 credits at Rutgers. I thought about taking a course this summer, but I am taking summer classes and the only courses I can find during the summer are 5 days a week all day long. I can't seem to find any night courses during the summer, but I guess that that makes sense because it would be hard to condense the program into a few hours per night. Do you guys have any ideas of how to build up HCE in the meantime while I'm taking classes both this semester and during the summer?

If you are in Rutgers then I assume that you are New Jersey resident. I am from south NJ and volunteered in Cooper hosp for over 2 years as nurse aid and those hours count. Also you will have chance to shadow PAs as well if you are in hosp environment. EMT-B is usually a 6 -months program so any shortcut will be very intense. Don't overdo it, GPA is quite important because it can't be change once it is up. But HCE can work on it over time.

Good luck!

Not sure if you got deep pockets but there is a 2 week EMT-B class you can take in Fremont, CA. Costs $3700 + Airfare all inclusive (Food, Tuition, Uniform, Hotel, etc). Goes 7 days a week x 2 weeks from 8am to 8pm. I know a couple people who've gone there and the first time NREMT pass rate is decent. Just throwing out there since it is a national certification through the DOT.

Thanks for all your advice. I will definitely look into all of those. I am from south jersey. About 20 mins from Cooper and I actually planned on volunteering there over the summer. I saw on some programs that volunteering doesn't always count as HCE though. Are there any qualifications to be a nurse's aid? Don't you need a CNA certification? That 2 week class sounds awesome. I am definitely going to do some research into it.

Archived