2013 Reapplicant Cycle

Hi!

To Everyone who is planning to reapply to Medex in the next cycle. Lets use this section to help each other so hopefully the next one goes smoother for us and we get that amazing phone call! I will start by saying my name is Rhi and I was lucky enough to interview for the Tacoma site this year but unfortunately it was not in the cards for this year.

They say to review the information they sent and attend a reapplicant information session which I plan to do. In addition to taking more pre reqs, shadowing more PA's in the community and obviously bolstering my HCE by a few hours. But I also plan to find a better way to stand out during the interview process.

what plans do you all have or advice for each other?

• 2 weeks later...

I know how disappointing it is to get that “dear john letter”, I was there last year. Don’t give up if becoming a PA is what you really want to do. Take this time to do a self-evaluation and come up with a plan to improve in areas that you may be lacking. MEDEX really likes re-applicants; approximately 35% of accepted applicants last year were re-applicants while only 10% of the application pool was re-applicants. For me I decided to do a variety of things, I continued my current position as a MA, took additional classes, did over 100 hours of shadowing PAs, talked with many PAs and PA students, researched issues in medicine and in the PA field, read a few PA magazines, did some volunteer work, and re-wrote all my job descriptions in more detail and re-wrote all my essays. This year I was accepted. I know a few other re-applicants that have been accepted this year as well. So there is hope! Don’t give up!

Hope this helps, Stephanie

Archived