Confused.

I am halfway finished with my microbiology degree. However I have 0 health care experience under my belt. I was a nursing major at one point and so I am half way through with the nursing degree, most of the lower division level courses are completed. I was wondering since I am basically stuck in the middle of the two to just finish nursing or finish microbiology. The thing about microbiology is that it will prepare me for all the science courses, chem, biochem, ect. Or do you feel it would be best just to find a job now in healthcare, and finish my microbiology degree and use what experience I obtain to help boost my chances?

So far my gpa is pretty decent, 3.67 overall with 3.9 in sciences. I also have a CNA license but to be honest, I really do not want to do that and that job pays half of what I am making now so I feel I would be cutting my throat in that instance. Any insight? Thanks.

Update: I also wanted to add that I looked up the prereqs for getting an interview and into the school by me for the PA program, on their site they said having medical experience is not required but looked well upon. So I am just going to start looking at some entry level positions that I can do and get interaction with patients, doctors, and hopefully a PA. I think that sticking with micro may be the best move. Any more tips still welcomed.

Archived