Jump to content

Clinical officer(Kenya) & Clinical associate(South Africa)

Recommended Posts

Hello, my name is Taehoon kim. First of all, I hope this post is in the right section of the forum.

If not, please tell me and I will move it to the appropriate section.


I have graduated from HUFS (http://www.hufs.ac.kr ; Foreign language University) and am looking for

further education to be more competitive on the job market. I have a long interest in medicine

and am considering further education to become a PA(CA/CO).


It's really hard to settle on this degree as reciprocity(internationally) has not been clarified

and there are many internet articles where even within the U.S., PAs(CA/CO) can not practice across state.


I am considering the the two PA(CA/CO) positions because it allows me to travel and gain much needed

clinical experience. Additionally I like the settings of both nations and that the financial viability is much more a

reality than studying in the U.K. or the U.S.


My question is:


1- Once I finish my degree and have a minimum of 2 years experience would it be possible for me

to practice in the U.S.? If not, what countries offer reciprocity with the two degrees or will I be limited

to staying in Kenya or South Africa?

(I would like to continue travelling and working for as long as possible).


Any and all advice is welcome.


Thanks :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More