Clinical officer(Kenya) & Clinical associate(South Africa)

Hello, my name is Taehoon kim. First of all, I hope this post is in the right section of the forum.

If not, please tell me and I will move it to the appropriate section.

I have graduated from HUFS (http://www.hufs.ac.kr ; Foreign language University) and am looking for

further education to be more competitive on the job market. I have a long interest in medicine

and am considering further education to become a PA(CA/CO).

It's really hard to settle on this degree as reciprocity(internationally) has not been clarified

and there are many internet articles where even within the U.S., PAs(CA/CO) can not practice across state.

I am considering the the two PA(CA/CO) positions because it allows me to travel and gain much needed

clinical experience. Additionally I like the settings of both nations and that the financial viability is much more a

reality than studying in the U.K. or the U.S.

My question is:

1- Once I finish my degree and have a minimum of 2 years experience would it be possible for me

to practice in the U.S.? If not, what countries offer reciprocity with the two degrees or will I be limited

to staying in Kenya or South Africa?

(I would like to continue travelling and working for as long as possible).

Any and all advice is welcome.

Archived