Jan 15 Seattle Interview

Interviews went great- 36 strong candidates for all sites. It was really great to meet you all. I hope I get to see you again this summer. I got the call this afternoon-it's still sinking in. They told us up to 10 days for getting word and I'm sure they'll be working on it for several more days so hang in. Best of luck to everyone:)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to gather as much information as possible. From those who were accepted and those who weren't. What do you think helped you get in and for those who didn't get in, what do you think hindered you? What were some of the questions they asked? Also, how many people applied? I met a PA student today who was in Fairbanks doing her clinical and she said there was 800 when she applied! Wow, that seems like a lot. Can anyone tell me how many hours you have for volunteering and Shadowing. I'm applying next year so I have some time to shadow still. I'm 26 and have a 3.9 GPA, 6,000 paid clinical hours in different areas CNA, Med surg., Endo Tech, EMT 2 and PT Aid. I also have about 1,000 volunteer hours. The main thing I'm worried about is the fact that my husband is in the Air-force and in 2018 we will have to move somewhere else. Even though I was born and raised in Alaska and plan to return here after his is out of the service, I am afraid that they won't consider me because I don't plan to stay right after school.

kmullanix: There is really no telling what will happen with military; with recent civilian furlough events, early retirements, etc. I think MEDEX knows that. Do you and your spouse plan on going back to AK after the military? If so, then they will probably be okay with that. You will get this a lot, but what helped me was to just be myself at the interview. Good luck to you!

Hi KMullanix!

There were a number of people with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and future plans. I can't emphasize enough what Lily said about being yourself. There is no way to anticipate questions, or how they will evaluate your answers. Just put together the best application package you can with a well written personal statement that shows them WHO you are. Good luck! The forums here are a great place to wait things out with others in your situation, and also to hear about others experiences.

Take care,

Tracie

I'm trying to gather as much information as possible. From those who were accepted and those who weren't. What do you think helped you get in and for those who didn't get in, what do you think hindered you? What were some of the questions they asked? Also, how many people applied? I met a PA student today who was in Fairbanks doing her clinical and she said there was 800 when she applied! Wow, that seems like a lot. Can anyone tell me how many hours you have for volunteering and Shadowing. I'm applying next year so I have some time to shadow still. I'm 26 and have a 3.9 GPA, 6,000 paid clinical hours in different areas CNA, Med surg., Endo Tech, EMT 2 and PT Aid. I also have about 1,000 volunteer hours. The main thing I'm worried about is the fact that my husband is in the Air-force and in 2018 we will have to move somewhere else. Even though I was born and raised in Alaska and plan to return here after his is out of the service, I am afraid that they won't consider me because I don't plan to stay right after school.

In the current Seattle class, we have people from Maine and Arizona...definitely outside the WWAMI region. As 2018 is years away and anything could happen, I'm not sure that would even be relevant info to share.

Archived