Horrible GPA but still focused on becoming a PA

So I'm going to be entering my senior of college soon and unfortunately bit off a lot more than I can handle with school, work and other activities. My current major is Applied economics but after taking a variety of classes within the major I have decided I see it more as a hobby and have lost any interest in it.

Fortunately, however, I am not new to the health care field. I have worked at two hospitals as a patient transporter and currently work at a pharmacy as a technician. I am more or less looking for advice/guidance. My GPA has completely tanked to about a 2.3-2.4, I have no interest in my major and have 9 more credit hours for my undergrad degree (not to graduate).

On the flip-side, I am just starting my pre-regs for PA school this semester so I guess I could technically look at it as if I have a clean slate. I haven't taken any science courses so I have no specific science GPA as of yet, but I'am still worried that my GPA will really hold me back. I am also trying to find a PA to shadow part time or even get a ER tech/PCA job back at the local hospital. I know I still have a long rode ahead of me but I'm ready to overcome the challenges and face them head on.

• 3 weeks later...

timon:

For a person with a low gpa, would you recommend pursuing a masters or just continue taking science courses?? I have a 3.1 overall and science gpa. I have retaken all but one of the pre-reqs and I don't know what I should do next. I don't think I'm ready to reapply to PA, but I'm not sure what my next step should be...more classes or a masters degree.

This current cycle I wasn't granted any interviews. I was told my GPA wasn't up to par. In the the past few months since receiving my rejections, I have taken 2 classes and gained a few hundred more HCE. I'm currently taking 3 classes that will be finished in May. My application hasn't changed too much.

Archived