Rooming/ Housing for new entering class

Hi Everyone,

I'll be starting at UTMB this summer and was wondering if anyone has already thought about living situations? I'm relatively young, 22, and I don't have my own family, am not in a serious relationship, and don't have to commute from anywhere and was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat as me. I would prefer not to live alone because I'm a girl and it's just safer. Not to mention financially more convenient.

Also, is there already a post or fb group somewhere for something like this?

Hope to see everyone soon!

You're not relatively young, you are a baby!!! (Coming from someone who is turning 32 next week) Housing in Galveston is dirt cheap so you won't be breaking the bank if you ended up living alone but like you said, for safety reasons, you should find a roomie. Shirley is supposed to email us about the FB group sometime in January or so. I don't know about housing specifics but I do know there is limited student housing that the med/grad students live in. you might want to email Shirley McGraw to get more info

• 1 month later...

Hi! I am also looking for housing, I am 25 and will be recently married (May 4th 2013) but my husband-to-be won't be moving with me. (And he won't be visiting often, as he is a student in Florida). I don't want to live alone either. I do have a dog (a small wiener dog ) But I am not sure if I would bring her or not, most likely I would not bring her because of the demand of our time at school. Hopefully we can find more out soon from Shirley. Let me know if you have figured anything out before hand...I am anxious to get more info on our class and on our schedules etc!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey everyone! I was formerly pre-PA, but after lots of soul searching, I decided to apply to med school. I'm an incoming first year med student at UTMB this year and I need a female roommate :) I found a 2bed/2.5 bath condo at Marina Pointe Condos with $1050 rent (water included) + utilities to be split between us. Washer/dryer is included and it's close to UTMB. I do have a 10lb miniature dachshund who is crate-trained and housebroken. If you're interested, feel free to message me or send me an email at xiwang.love@gmail.com. Thanks!

Archived