Head start

Hello,

I am looking to get as much of a head start as I can to getting into a PA masters program. I just transferred into UConn from a community college where I did basic pre reqs, bio chemistry A&P etc. I currently have a 3.7 gpa. I am currently an EMT working at a commericial ambulance company. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of things I should look into, what sort of things I should major in at UConn, etc. anything helps thanks!

Looks like you are off to a good start. Keep up the GPA. Figure out what is important to you as far as what schools you would consider, look into all those programs, and figure out what pre-reqs they have. Find what majors fit the classes you need and want to take to be competitive for your choice schools. I wasn't so smart about planning years in advance and ended up fitting in a bunch of 200 level classes when all I need to graduate is upper level credits which has cost me 2 very hectic catch up semesters in order to graduate in time. Also some schools that I would have applied to required abnormal psych but my school requires 2 different pre-req classes to take it and I didn't have room to get those done just to take the class I wanted. Good luck!

Archived