MEDEX 2024-2025 Application Cycle

56 minutes ago, Sunshine2 said:

Is there a separate supplemental from the CASPA application? On the program info it says supplemental but then goes on to talk about the tabs under CASPA. I just don’t want to miss anything! Thank you and good luck everyone! 🙂

CASPA is their only app!

2 hours ago, PAwesomePA said:

Have any of you received an email from the program yet about receipt of app submission??? I still have not and I recall they usually sent one.

I emailed them today asking that. I was just curious to see if they send something. 

5 hours ago, miffy said:

i received an email yesterday that my application passed initial screening & is moving onto full faculty review! so hopefully everyone will be receiving updates soon 🙂

Me too!! I can finally breathe a little. Now the wait begins….

I feel a little insane right now. I swear that the first day MEDEX's supplemental opened on CASPA, there were no sections for the reapplicant or "commitment to the underserved" essays. I thought it was weird that they removed those from last year. I did a ctrl+f and everything. But yesterday when I went to add my other essays, both essays were back! I had to muppet-panic write them both. Did this happen to anyone else?

16 hours ago, grogtime said:

I feel a little insane right now. I swear that the first day MEDEX's supplemental opened on CASPA, there were no sections for the reapplicant or "commitment to the underserved" essays. I thought it was weird that they removed those from last year. I did a ctrl+f and everything. But yesterday when I went to add my other essays, both essays were back! I had to muppet-panic write them both. Did this happen to anyone else?

wooaaahhhh that's weird! I definitely did not have that issue!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! 2nd time applicant here. I received an email from admissions asking to clarify my clinical hours. Specifically asking how much of my hours were hands on patient care and how much was clerical or administrative work. They didn’t ask me this last year so I’m just wondering if anyone else has had this asked of them?

4 minutes ago, Krystal82 said:

Hi everyone! 2nd time applicant here. I received an email from admissions asking to clarify my clinical hours. Specifically asking how much of my hours were hands on patient care and how much was clerical or administrative work. They didn’t ask me this last year so I’m just wondering if anyone else has had this asked of them?

CASPA changed the definition of PCE and HCE this year. So some of your hours that were part of PCE might be HCE now.

i applied last year with ~7,000 PCE and ~2,000 HCE

this year I had to split it up and it’s now ~6,000 PCE ~ 5,000 HCE

20 minutes ago, Krystal82 said:

yes i received the same email. but no confirmation email from them yet