High School classes on my college transcript??? Help!

I am literally freaking out. I graduated from Lafayette College in 2023 with a degree in neuroscience. After graduating I took some classes like anatomy/phys for PA school at a community college during the summer. Last night I ordered my transcripts to myself to be proactive and noticed all these random classes and grades under a "Fall 2016" and "Fall 2017" semester. I was so confused because I would have been a sophomore in high school and like 15 years old. I reached out to the school and they told me that my highschool offered the option for people to pay like 100 bucks per class to get like 1 college credit, and my parents had done it for me bc they thought it might help me get into undergrad. These were NOT college classes that I took separately or anything- it was literally just my highschool curriculum like honors bio and AP chem and things like that that counted for a credit. I also did not do well in highschool, so for these classes they are listed as Bs and Cs. In college I did really well and worked so hard. My calculated GPA for CASPA is 3.81 overall and a 3.74 science GPA. But now these high school courses are literally on my COLLEGE transcript for this community college and I am absolutely freaking out. I should not have to report classes I took in high school, and it seems they are forcing me to. This is going to bring my GPAs down so much even though they literally were NOT college classes and I was 15 and 16 years old. Please I am desperate for advice. Do I need to report these on CASPA? Are they going to count this even though they weren't even real college classes? I feel so heartbroken that all my hard work in college could have been for nothing and that all my real grades will be averaged with these fake college courses. Please help 😞

I'm confused. If your CASPA GPA is 3.81 and 3.74 respectively, then these high school AP courses are already included in your total collegiate credit hours, so how would they lower your GPA? Also AP courses do not count towards your CASPA GPA and from my understanding, you get credit for it but no actual letter grade.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

14 hours ago, sydl123 said:

My calculated GPA for CASPA is 3.81 overall and a 3.74 science GPA

Are these the calculated grades that include the highschool courses? If so, I would not worry about them at all these are good GPAs and are not going to stop you from getting into PA school. If not, what is the new calculated GPA? I'd imagine it would not change too drastically. Grades are only a portion of the application so do not stress out over a slight change in GPA. 

On 3/21/2024 at 9:45 PM, DiggySRNA said:

I'm confused. If your CASPA GPA is 3.81 and 3.74 respectively, then these high school AP courses are already included in your total collegiate credit hours, so how would they lower your GPA? Also AP courses do not count towards your CASPA GPA and from my understanding, you get credit for it but no actual letter grade.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey! They are not AP courses, or at least not AP credits. It was something where my high school had some kind of partnership with the community college and my parents just signed a form and paid 100 bucks for it to count as a "college credit". But they were high school classes with a high school curriculum, with a high school teacher. And those are my GPAs that I had calculated WITHOUT knowing about these high school courses. Now they will be lower 😞

12 hours ago, eventuallyPA said:

Are these the calculated grades that include the highschool courses? If so, I would not worry about them at all these are good GPAs and are not going to stop you from getting into PA school. If not, what is the new calculated GPA? I'd imagine it would not change too drastically. Grades are only a portion of the application so do not stress out over a slight change in GPA. 

Hey, that is the GPA I calculated before I ever found out these courses were on my transcript. I still need to calculate the new one. I am just feeling so discouraged since those were truly not college classes and should not be affecting me now, I was just a 15 year old. I also don't have the most hours, around 1400, so I was really relying on my GPA before now to make up for that a little bit. This whole process is so overwhelming so I am just internally freaking out (a little too much I know lol). It will probably all be fine but this just really sucks!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sydl123 said:

Hey, that is the GPA I calculated before I ever found out these courses were on my transcript. I still need to calculate the new one. I am just feeling so discouraged since those were truly not college classes and should not be affecting me now, I was just a 15 year old. I also don't have the most hours, around 1400, so I was really relying on my GPA before now to make up for that a little bit. This whole process is so overwhelming so I am just internally freaking out (a little too much I know lol). It will probably all be fine but this just really sucks!

I totally understand, application process is super stressful! I'd imagine it wont be too much of a change with the newer grades if they're only B's and C's. Don't feel discouraged, you got this! I don't know if this will give any hope but my overall was 3.3 and had to retake chem I and II cause I failed it and am about to now graduate PA school! Life happens and most programs understand that especially if you've shown growth and improvement in your grades. Don't let this one thing define you. You got this!

I'd recommend just keep working on getting that patient care experience while waiting for applications to open so you can keep showing you're actively working towards bettering your overall application. Also, a good personal statement can really help out and get your foot in the door! I used undergrad tutor support and Chegg Tutors to help review mine and work on it! Rooting for you and wishing you the best!

• Upvote 1