EM Residency with Subpar GPA and/or Residency Later in ER Career

I accidentally posted this same question in the wrong thread.

Does anyone have any thoughts/recommendations/experience for someone considering an ER residency with a subpar GPA (we are talking 3.0) and later on in an ER career (I have CAH and Level 1 Trauma experience, and locums ER experience). I love ER medicine and feel like I want more specific mentorship and training. I have worked with residency-trained ER PAs and have been envious of their skill set and depth of knowledge. I also have an opportunity to work in a Level 1 ER/teaching hospital again as a full-time PA.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Edited by thulegreen1101
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 5:23 PM, thulegreen1101 said:

I also have an opportunity to work in a Level 1 ER/teaching hospital again as a full-time PA.

Just do that? And learn as much as you can. Attend any resident trainings or lectures. Offer to do as much as you can procedurally and pick up shifts. Read up each night, etc. 

• Like 1