Did I apply too late or is it my low GPA?

Hello, 

I had some issues with a college in the middle of nowhere getting a transcript. It took them several months to send it so I wasn't verified until October 7th. I applied to 8 schools. I have received an interview from 1 but radio silence from the other 7. All schools in New York. 

I'm a nontrad with low GPA

cGPA: 3.08

sGPA:3.34

PCE: 8700

Volunteer hours: 500 research 

I am a military veteran and worked in military medicine. 5 LORs from Army nurses and Nurse practitioners I worked with.  Grateful for my interview but getting a little worried that I haven't heard one thing from the other 7 schools. 

Thank you! 

Hi, probably both. I have been denied 2 cycles already. This is my third attempt. I was verified first week of July.  I applied to 25 schools mostly NY. Received 12 rejections thus far. 

GPA-3.23

S GPA- 3.85

PCE-2000

volunteer-350 

I would retake any class you have a C in , and then take a few extra just to boost your GPA. And apply by June the latest. Also expand outside of NY as PA is very competitive here. Good Luck.

On 12/12/2023 at 5:03 PM, Ilovebagels said:

Hello, 

I had some issues with a college in the middle of nowhere getting a transcript. It took them several months to send it so I wasn't verified until October 7th. I applied to 8 schools. I have received an interview from 1 but radio silence from the other 7. All schools in New York. 

I'm a nontrad with low GPA

cGPA: 3.08

sGPA:3.34

PCE: 8700

Volunteer hours: 500 research 

I am a military veteran and worked in military medicine. 5 LORs from Army nurses and Nurse practitioners I worked with.  Grateful for my interview but getting a little worried that I haven't heard one thing from the other 7 schools. 

Thank you! 

Probably both, but I would argue that it is most likely that you applied late. To have applied in October and have had an interview invite already is a really good sign that you have a strong application. Schools simply have too many applications to review and by October they already have most of their class filled. Seems like there is still time for you to get in this cycle, but, like most of us, it's time that you start considering reapplying next cycle. It's easier to apply early when reapplying because most of the application rolls over.