Has anyone found any evidence of Howard's PA Program on social media or any other platforms?

I am interested in Howard's PA program but I am not seeing any evidence of them starting one on social media or any other platform. I want to feel comforted knowing that students are enjoying the program and curriculum. A lot of PA schools have social media so it gives prospective students a sense of what they have to offer as a program. I haven't sent in my application yet because I'm concerned about the school as a whole. 

On 11/7/2023 at 12:23 PM, Bria1111 said:

I am interested in Howard's PA program but I am not seeing any evidence of them starting one on social media or any other platform. I want to feel comforted knowing that students are enjoying the program and curriculum. A lot of PA schools have social media so it gives prospective students a sense of what they have to offer as a program. I haven't sent in my application yet because I'm concerned about the school as a whole. 

I’ve seen students on TikTok 

On 11/7/2023 at 12:23 PM, Bria1111 said:

I want to feel comforted knowing that students are enjoying the program and curriculum. A lot of PA schools have social media so it gives prospective students a sense of what they have to offer as a program

Maybe I'm from a different generation as you, but how is a school's social media presence comforting and how does that correlate with whether a program is good or not? Have you just tried contacting the school and speaking with current students themselves? 

As for "enjoying" the program, I guess I went into school with a bit of a different perspective than you. I didn't choose my program because students were enjoying themselves. Because I knew PA school is demanding and challenging and thus likely not enjoyable per se. Further, I didn't care about social media and marketing because I wanted to go off hard facts like graduation rates, PANCE pass rates, employment rate of graduates, resources for students and graduates, etc. I also spoke with members of the surrounding medical community to understand the school's reputation, which was another big factor for me.

Retrospectively, I hardly ever posted when I was a student. Mainly because I was too busy studying and sleeping. Unfortunately for a few of my classmates, they posted a video that was not too professional and they were reprimanded. To the school's point, we are professionals now and must conduct ourselves as professionals, in and out of school. So I'll say to you not all students post publicly about their experiences. It's best to speak with people directly when possible. (Also, this was years ago when social media wasn't as influential as it is now.)

I urge you to look beyond social media to determine the merits of a program, and I wish you luck on your pre-PA journey. 

-Just thoughts from a PA who has no vested interest in Howard University nor has heard of the program and many others. 

1 hour ago, SedRate said:

Maybe I'm from a different generation as you, but how is a school's social media presence comforting and how does that correlate with whether a program is good or not? Have you just tried contacting the school and speaking with current students themselves? 

As for "enjoying" the program, I guess I went into school with a bit of a different perspective than you. I didn't choose my program because students were enjoying themselves. Because I knew PA school is demanding and challenging and thus likely not enjoyable per se. Further, I didn't care about social media and marketing because I wanted to go off hard facts like graduation rates, PANCE pass rates, employment rate of graduates, resources for students and graduates, etc. I also spoke with members of the surrounding medical community to understand the school's reputation, which was another big factor for me.

Retrospectively, I hardly ever posted when I was a student. Mainly because I was too busy studying and sleeping. Unfortunately for a few of my classmates, they posted a video that was not too professional and they were reprimanded. To the school's point, we are professionals now and must conduct ourselves as professionals, in and out of school. So I'll say to you not all students post publicly about their experiences. It's best to speak with people directly when possible. (Also, this was years ago when social media wasn't as influential as it is now.)

I urge you to look beyond social media to determine the merits of a program, and I wish you luck on your pre-PA journey. 

-Just thoughts from a PA who has no vested interest in Howard University nor has heard of the program and many others. 

Hello,

I am not sure if you know but Howard lost their accreditation a while back and regained it back recently. This is their second cycle being open and I wanted to see how their program is keeping up. Howard's PA program does not have any of those statistics such as graduation rate, PANCE pass rate, etc. since they are considered a new program. Unfortunately, I have reached out to Howard and they are not persistent with communication. Social Media is an outlet to see what resources a school has. Based on social media and YouTube, I was able to see different PA programs' equipment and resources such as cadaver labs. I am highly aware PA school is not a game, it's about me becoming a great and reliable provider. I see your perspective considering you come from a different generation but I wanted reassurance if it's worth spending money on an application. Applications are not cheap and I don't make much as a medical assistant. Thank you for your feedback.

On 11/14/2023 at 9:36 PM, Bria1111 said:

Howard lost their accreditation a while back and regained it back recently. This is their second cycle being open and I wanted to see how their program is keeping up. Howard's PA program does not have any of those statistics such as graduation rate, PANCE pass rate, etc. since they are considered a new program. Unfortunately, I have reached out to Howard and they are not persistent with communication.

On 11/14/2023 at 9:36 PM, Bria1111 said:

I am highly aware PA school is not a game, it's about me becoming a great and reliable provider.

Please see above. I hope you find what you're looking for. Good luck to you.

Edited by SedRate