cv/resume

Hey all, would any be able to give me some input about what programs look for when asking for cv/resume? Is there a difference between a cv and resume, and if so which is preferable? How far back in life should we go in a list of accomplishments/abilities/experiences?

And does anyone have any professional templete they recommend to use?

On 7/27/2023 at 11:31 PM, faith45605 said:

Hey all, would any be able to give me some input about what programs look for when asking for cv/resume? Is there a difference between a cv and resume, and if so which is preferable? How far back in life should we go in a list of accomplishments/abilities/experiences?

And does anyone have any professional templete they recommend to use?

Personally, I used a CV for the application because at the time I had recently graduated from undergrad. It also made it easier to copy each thing into CASPA when writing about each of my experiences and listing the # of hours for each. I included my education, clinical and non-clinical work experience, volunteer experience, research, leadership roles in extracurriculars, and awards/recognition/achievements in that order. I only included things that happened during undergrad. I also had a resume with pertinent information just in case, but I think I only used it to apply to jobs, not PA school.