University of Dayton 2023-2024 Cycle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 12:15 AM, Futurepakat said:

I got an interview invite last week for October 30th!

Congratulations!  Is you interview in person or virtual?  I submitted my application recently however missed the portion on the website recommending one letter of reference from a recent professor.  I have 4 letter submissions; 2 from PAs and 2 from supervising physicians.  Do you think I should ask one of my professors even though I have already submitted my application?

On 9/28/2023 at 10:12 AM, PAHope2024 said:

Congratulations!  Is you interview in person or virtual?  I submitted my application recently however missed the portion on the website recommending one letter of reference from a recent professor.  I have 4 letter submissions; 2 from PAs and 2 from supervising physicians.  Do you think I should ask one of my professors even though I have already submitted my application?

My interview is in person! I really am not sure about the letters of reference question because I don’t know how much weight they place on who the letters are from. I would say if you have a professor with a good relationship and you think they would write a strong recommendation letter for you pretty quickly, then I don’t think it would hurt to add it!

2 hours ago, PASchool9 said:

Is anyone else being interviewed by Dayton being required to fill out all these forms for volunteering and healthcare experience. This is the only school asking me to do this, it seems a little ridiculous. 

Have you been offered an interview or are you referring to the application in CASPA?  Yes, HCE and volunteer forms are standard for this school and I believe are also mentioned on the school website.

On 10/18/2023 at 2:24 PM, PAHope2024 said:

Have you been offered an interview or are you referring to the application in CASPA?  Yes, HCE and volunteer forms are standard for this school and I believe are also mentioned on the school website.

On 9/19/2023 at 11:15 PM, Futurepakat said:

I got an interview invite last week for October 30th!

Is it possible to share how the interview process went after 30th?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi how was the interview ? Iam so nervous any tips?

18 hours ago, Sathya said:

hi , I am so nervous about the interview? how did you do ? any tips? did they send result on spot? do they have any essay to write on spot? please share some tips!

I actually didn’t end up going as I got accepted to my top choice! As far as general interview tips though, the biggest thing that helped me was just taking a moment to think before answering each question so that I didn’t ramble! I also had a few answers prepared for very typical interview questions like tell me about yourself, why PA, why this program (make sure to know their mission and why you think it is a good fit for you!), etc. I listened to podcasts about PA/med school interviews as well as watching YouTube videos which was really helpful to me! I also looked up PA/med school interview questions and answers and thought about what my answers would be to those questions. Also I think it helps to have a few questions prepared to ask! Some of the ones that I liked asking were what kinds of changes have they seen in the program since their involvement that were the most impactful, how they teach classes, what sorts of resources are available for students, how the students are supported etc. You are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you, and this is a great way to learn more about the program! Hopefully some of that is helpful. Remember they truly are trying to get to know you as a person and potential student, so try to think of it more as a conversation and not a test. Good luck when you interview I really hope it goes well! 

On 11/4/2023 at 2:09 PM, Futurepakat said:

I actually didn’t end up going as I got accepted to my top choice! As far as general interview tips though, the biggest thing that helped me was just taking a moment to think before answering each question so that I didn’t ramble! I also had a few answers prepared for very typical interview questions like tell me about yourself, why PA, why this program (make sure to know their mission and why you think it is a good fit for you!), etc. I listened to podcasts about PA/med school interviews as well as watching YouTube videos which was really helpful to me! I also looked up PA/med school interview questions and answers and thought about what my answers would be to those questions. Also I think it helps to have a few questions prepared to ask! Some of the ones that I liked asking were what kinds of changes have they seen in the program since their involvement that were the most impactful, how they teach classes, what sorts of resources are available for students, how the students are supported etc. You are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you, and this is a great way to learn more about the program! Hopefully some of that is helpful. Remember they truly are trying to get to know you as a person and potential student, so try to think of it more as a conversation and not a test. Good luck when you interview I really hope it goes well! 

Thank you so much . It’s really a great advice. I was worried as they have written essay and also medical questions? Their interview sounds intense.

20 hours ago, Sathya said:

Thank you so much . It’s really a great advice. I was worried as they have written essay and also medical questions? Their interview sounds intense.

No problem! I think some people talked about the interview process in the threads from previous cycles so maybe you could check those out and see if it helps?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...