Chatham 2023-2024

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just received an invite to interview! i submitted 9/6 on a whim. i am frankly very surprised. i was not expecting to hear back at all.

they did reject my a&p I/II community college credits because they are only 3 credit hours each (both included a lab). they transferred together as a 5 credit hour anatomy class for my bachelors degree. i took a 5 credit physiology class this summer. does anyone know if chatham is open to discussing situations like this?

edit: just found out about their deficit problems 😕 huge bummer if the program gets cut!

Edited by fruitflowers

1 hour ago, Starfire26 said:

Could you provide more info on this pls?

https://www.publicsource.org/chatham-university-pittsburgh-budget-deficit-layoffs-rhonda-phillips/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pittsburgh/comments/16bxwgp/on_chatham_university/

i'm not from the area so i can't speak to any details! it seems like the previous president managed to run the place into the ground with expensive projects. they're currently "restructuring" the university. from what i can tell the graduate programs are a decently reliable revenue stream. the pa program is unlikely to be on the chopping block for now, at least. i can imagine they will struggle to retain faculty with the cuts to employee healthcare and salaries, though. 

also worth mentioning that eileen petula has a history of trying to "silence" faculty at struggling colleges. it's possible the chatham pa program faculty may not be able to speak freely about the future of the program.

it's very, very sad to see. 

Edited by fruitflowers

15 minutes ago, zayelhawa said:

submitted August 24th and still haven't heard back........is it safe to assume no interview 

I submitted June and still haven’t heard anything back either. I’m still hopeful! I was thinking about maybe contacting them early October and asking them about the status of my application. 

1 minute ago, zayelhawa said:

Are they rolling admissions? bc it wouldn't make sense how ppl that applied after us got interviews 

Someone told me that they take top people first and then other interview dates they take the next tier. So could be for this case when people that applied after us got an interview first. 

On 9/17/2023 at 10:57 PM, fruitflowers said:

just received an invite to interview! i submitted 9/6 on a whim. i am frankly very surprised. i was not expecting to hear back at all.

they did reject my a&p I/II community college credits because they are only 3 credit hours each (both included a lab). they transferred together as a 5 credit hour anatomy class for my bachelors degree. i took a 5 credit physiology class this summer. does anyone know if chatham is open to discussing situations like this?

edit: just found out about their deficit problems 😕 huge bummer if the program gets cut!

was it for the September interview or October interview