Loma Linda University: 2023-24 Cycle

• 1 month later...

What does everyone have for PCE experience? I am a supervisor of a disability group home, and have a lot more medical responsibility in direct care than I had as working as a CNA in a hospital, but since there is no certification for working at the home(all training is done with RNs at the company). The residents at my homes have high medical needs, so I have gained a lot of insight to a variety of specialties. I sent a description and I was told it doesn't qualify and that it falls under the home health aide category which is listed as non-excepted PCE on their website.

13 hours ago, prepastudentokay said:

I just received my rejection too, what were ur stats ?

@poopypaand @prepastudentokaywhen did you both submit your application? I'm surprised to hear that you have already received a rejection letter. It seems so early in the application process to be rejected. I know how devastating it is to receive that letter. I applied last year and was rejected but it took months after applying before I received that letter in the mail.

3 hours ago, Alishanicole said:

@poopypaand @prepastudentokaywhen did you both submit your application? I'm surprised to hear that you have already received a rejection letter. It seems so early in the application process to be rejected. I know how devastating it is to receive that letter. I applied last year and was rejected but it took months after applying before I received that letter in the mail.

I submitted mine July 12 

On 7/29/2023 at 8:17 PM, prepastudentokay said:

I just received my rejection too, what were ur stats ?

these are my stats
App Stats

Overall Science GPA: 3.16

Overall Non-Science GPA: 3.21

Volunteer: 3,389 hours

PCE: 5,220 hours

HCE: 640 hours

Shadowing: 27 hours

Licenses & Certs: CPT, CET (EKG Tech), BLS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 4:52 PM, HopefullyPa2024 said:

Hello, 

Congrats on your interview!! Did they call to notify or email? How did it go for you, what was the interview style?  Would you mind sharing stats and when you submitted? Thank you 🙂

Thank you kindly! They had contacted me over the phone and followed up with an email. The interview I think went well, harder than others but not difficult. There was a situational question, group activity, and group interview. I submitted early June and was invited for an interview ~3 weeks ago. Ill message you regarding stats 🙂

Edited by lovePAxox
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...