CUNY York 2023-2024

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All! I am interested in the York College PA program. I have PCE from multiple places over the years. I was wondering if I needed to get a healthcare experience verification letter from each place I worked to apply to the York PA program, or do I need to get 500 hours PCE from one of the places I worked at?  

Edited by Madii

On 3/29/2024 at 11:12 PM, Madii said:

Hi All! I am interested in the York College PA program. I have PCE from multiple places over the years. I was wondering if I needed to get a healthcare experience verification letter from each place I worked to apply to the York PA program, or do I need to get 500 hours PCE from one of the places I worked at?  

I don’t think you don’t need it from every place. I didn’t submit it for one of my shadowing experiences and was accepted. I think as long as you have verification of the 500 hours even if it’s from one place you’re good. But I would email Tenesha Spain the admissions coordinator just to be sure! Good luck 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, does anyone know if they are still accepting applicants or if all the seats are full?

I had an interview back in early March but have not received a decision because there was a delay in them getting the processing fee. Now that they've confirmed they have received it, I'm not sure how much longer I should wait for a decision/if there are even seats left for me to be hopeful about. 

To the people who interviewed, how long did it take for them to get back to you?

On 4/21/2024 at 6:38 PM, Prepastudent9191 said:

Hi, does anyone know if they are still accepting applicants or if all the seats are full?

I had an interview back in early March but have not received a decision because there was a delay in them getting the processing fee. Now that they've confirmed they have received it, I'm not sure how much longer I should wait for a decision/if there are even seats left for me to be hopeful about. 

To the people who interviewed, how long did it take for them to get back to you?

Hi, their seats have been full for a while now. I interviewed back in November and was put on a waitlist back then. They sent the decision a week after the interview and fee I think. Their waitlist however remains open until classes start so like there is the entire summer for it to move around.

21 hours ago, frost said:

Hi, their seats have been full for a while now. I interviewed back in November and was put on a waitlist back then. They sent the decision a week after the interview and fee I think. Their waitlist however remains open until classes start so like there is the entire summer for it to move around.

Did Ms. Spain say the class was full? I am also on the waitlist but i got placed back on October😅

On 4/25/2024 at 9:05 PM, Pathtohealthcare said:

Did Ms. Spain say the class was full? I am also on the waitlist but i got placed back on October😅

yes, I asked a few weeks ago. She said the class is full and the waitlist hasn't moved since and also that the waitlist remains open till classes start. So i guess we just wait till August lol