Struggling to get a direct patient care experience

Am an undergraduate student in West Virginia Wesleyan college and will be in my junior year in this coming semester (fall 2023). I want to go to a pa school after graduating from college as an health science student. The schools I was thinking of going (pa schools) all required a direct patient care experience. How can I get that and what did I need to do. I was thinking of Medical assistant as a way of getting it. But I don’t know how to go about it. And what I need to do because I don’t have any experience in MA. Is there a place I can learn that in buckhannon West Virginia. Because all am doing now is only taking prerequisite courses for pa program. I will appreciate everyone replies on this. Thank you 

Hi I’m not sure how it is in Virginia, I got certified online as an MA through advanced career training and applied everywhere and literally you learn the skills on the job (vitals, blood draws and injections). I’ve worked with people who were not even certified as pre med or pre PA, you can always call doctors office and express that you’re willing to learn the skills and that you’re a pre PA student. Dermatology, Pediatrics and Urgent Care offices have been the most options for me in NYC and where I saw a lot of uncertified pre meds and pre PAs